Monday, November 15, 2010

Help from the Pros!

On Friday, I attended Public Relations Society of America's Student Day in Cleveland.  As a P.R. major, it is very important to stay on top of the industry and know what is going on in all aspects of the field.  If you want a job of course.  And believe me, I do.   So if you know any positions, feel free to pass them along. ;) 

Anywho, where I was going with this was that there were so many professionals that came out on Friday to give advice to us students.  There were people from all sorts of P.R. (Sports, corporate, agency, etc.)  It was so great to hear all of their suggestions.  I really appreciated getting help from real world P.R. professionals.  

Click here to see PRSA's other events.

Case in point, they helped me develop skills that I can take with me on job interviews, for my blog, with my social media and so on.  There are so many things to think about when it comes to PR that it is nice to have one arena that will show you all the different sides and give you advice about everything.  So thank you professionals, for putting on an interesting and informative day.  I hope some day I can help out others like you have for me.  

Cost: $0
Time: A day of work

-Grateful Student

P.S.---Look for a guest blogger writing soon!  She is one of my friends and has an amazing story to share!!  Coming later this week! :) 





1 comment:

  1. I love PRSA Day I went last year and its a great opportunity to meet tons of professionals!

    ReplyDelete